Banana Fish is a Japanese manga series written and illustrated by Akimi Yoshida. It was first published serially in Bessatsu Shjo Comic, a manga magazine that published shjo manga (girls’ comics), from May 1985 to April 1994. Following street gang boss Ash Lynx as he unearths a criminal conspiracy using “banana fish,” a mystery substance that brainwashes its users, the series, which is mostly set in New York City in the 1980s. He meets Eiji Okumura, a Japanese photographer’s assistant while doing his inquiry, and the two become good friends.
Banana Fish Summary :
Aslan Jade Callenreese, known as Ash Lynx, was a runaway picked off the streets of New York City and raised by the infamous godfather of the mafia, Dino Golzine. Now 17 years old and the boss of his own gang, Ash begins investigating the mysterious “Banana Fish” the same two words his older brother, Griffin, has muttered since his return from the Iraq War. However, his inquiries are hindered when Dino sends his men after Ash at an underground bar he uses as a hideout.
- Type: TV
- Episodes: 24
- Status: Finished Airing
- Aired: Jul 6, 2018, to Dec 21, 2018
- Premiered: Summer 2018
- Broadcast: Fridays at 00:55 (JST)
- Producers: Aniplex, Dentsu, Movic, Fuji TV, Shogakukan
- Licensors: None found, add some
- Studios: MAPPA
- Source: Manga
- Genres: Action, Adventure, Drama
- Themes: Delinquents, Organized Crime
- Demographic: Shoujo
- Duration: 22 min. per ep.
- Rating: R – 17+ (violence & profanity)